Facebook arrests Chinese hackers using fake personalities

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.3 Junior Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2021-3-25 02:03:26 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Facebook announced a new action to thwart a network of slotxo download android hackers in China that took advantage of the platform to compromise its goals in the Uighur community.The group, known as "Earth Empusa", "Evil Eye" or "Poison Carp", is targeted at about 500 people on Facebook, including individuals living abroad in the United States, Turkey, Syria, Australia and Canada. Through fake accounts on Facebook, the hackers posed as activists, journalists and other sympathetic individuals to target compromised websites other than Facebook.

Facebook's cyber security and moderation team began seeing the event in 2020 and opted to disclose the threat to the public in order to maximize the impact on the hacking group, which has proven to be sensitive to public disclosure in former Although Facebook says social engineering efforts on the platform are "a mystery", most of the hacking group's efforts have taken place elsewhere online. They focus on efforts to reach the target's devices with attacks on leaks and similar domains,

as well as a fake Android app store offering prayer apps and Uyghur-themed keyboard downloads.When downloading those fake apps, they infect them using two different strains of Android trojan malware: ActionSpy and PluginPhantom.On iOS devices, hackers have exploited a malware known as Insomnia.While hackers are targeting a small number of users compared to what the company sees in a disinformation operation, Facebook stresses that a small, well-selected audience could have a big impact. "You can imagine surveillance, you can imagine a number of consequences," said Nathaniel Gleicher, Facebook's head of security policy.

The Uighurs, a predominantly Muslim minority in China, continue to face brutal repression from the Chinese government, including being forced into labor camps in the country's Xinjiang province.Facebook declined to link the observations with the Chinese government, saying it was in line with the broader security community to make those decisions when there was no technical indicator to do so. The researchers believe the adjacent hacking campaign is an attempt by Beijing to expand surveillance of the suppressed community within the confines of China.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2021-3-25 02:13:07 | Show the author posts only
I'm constantly searching on the internet for posts that will help me. Too much is clearly to learn about this. I believe you created good quality items in Functions also. Keep working, congrats!        Onewheel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2021-4-1 01:32:24 | Show the author posts only
I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news Thank you very much for such an interesting post, and I meet them more often then I visited this site.        Iron Railings Toronto

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
The Floor
Post time 2021-4-3 08:51:40 | Show the author posts only
Your post is very helpful to get some effective tips to reduce weight properly. You have shared various nice photos of the same. I would like to thank you for sharing these tips. Surely I will try this at home. Keep updating more simple tips like this.        Onewheel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
5#
Post time 2021-4-6 05:13:45 | Show the author posts only
I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.        Managed IT Support near me

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
6#
Post time 2021-5-12 03:00:51 | Show the author posts only
I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news Thank you very much for such an interesting post, and I meet them more often then I visited this site.        dry eyes

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.5 Senior Member

Credits
7#
Post time 2021-5-16 03:28:31 | Show the author posts only
Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it.        Supreme Saunas

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules

Privacy Policy|Creative-Destruction  

2021-6-21 15:31 GMT-5 , Processed in 0.027731 second(s), 20 queries .