My keyboard is damaged

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2021-4-19 12:44:08 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
I have a problem with the keyboard on my laptop, some keys are worn and some don't work at all. Does it pay off to replace it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2021-4-19 12:45:10 | Show the author posts only
I had exactly the same problem and took advantage of the offer from https://www.laptopkey.eu/toshiba.html . If you are interested you will surely be satisfied because they have every keyboard model at the best price.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2021-4-21 10:39:20 | Show the author posts only
Here are some things that you could try ( in the listed order, if the problem isn't solved):

1. Restart your computer.
2. Restart in safe mode.
3. Remove your battery and unplug the charger. Wait for a minute. Now replace the battery and turn the laptop on.
3. Dust your keyboard and use an air-can for the same if you have one. Or else just blow hard at the gaps between the keys.
4. Remove your key board from the laptop. In most keyboards you need to pry it upwards at 4 places on the upper side of the keyboard. Look for a small protrusion. Use a screw driver or the back of a spoon to lift it up.
5. Once the keyboard it removed, disconnect the plastic cable and reconnect it. Also remember to dust the area if not clean.
6. Fix it back and turn your laptop on in safe mode.
7. If not working, then disconnect your keyboard again and place it is the refrigerator for about a minute ( I'm not kidding!!) and then reconnect it. Turn on the laptop. It should work.
7. If still not working, then it mostly is a hardware and you better get the keyboard replaced.

I had to replace mine.

Regards,
Adrian
Technical Consultant
Apps4Rent | CloudDesktopOnline | O365CloudExperts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register immediately

Points Rules

Privacy Policy|Creative-Destruction  

2021-5-15 12:54 GMT-5 , Processed in 0.024015 second(s), 20 queries .